SIGHTS CHURCHES AND MONASTRIES CHURCH OF SAINT NICHOLAS
BACK TO LIST visit cheb ikonka šipky

Church of Saint Nicholas

Accessible to the public (according to opening hours) Group visits 360° view
The church was built in connection with the planned expansion of the town in the mid 13th century as the second sacral structure in Cheb. In 1258, its administration was taken over by the Order of the Teutonic Knights. After being damaged by a fire in 1270, the church was extended within subsequent renovations. Another extensive reconstruction was carried out in the mid 15th century. The church towers and roof were repeatedly damaged by fires over the next centuries. Large-scale repairs and conversions were executed in the second half of the 19th century. In 1945, provisional roofing had to be placed on the church towers damaged during the bombardment of the town. And new helmets that were a copy of the original helmets from 1869 were installed on the towers only in 2008.
Show more

Virtuální průvodce

© Copyright 2024 VisitCheb. All rights reserved