SIGHTS
COMMEMORATIVE PLAQUES
MEMORIAL PLAQUE – TOWN HALL 1
BACK TO LIST

Memorial Plaque – Town Hall 1
The marble plaque with Karl Siegl’s text, which commemorates the first town hall and the first church in Jánské Square, was installed along with an extension piece decorated with a relief of the oldest town seal made by Karl Wilfert on house No. 14 on 15 May 1929. The plaque was removed and the house was demolished in 1948. The plaque with the extension piece was rediscovered in the 1980s among discarded stones and stored in the museum collections. In 1995, it was displayed among the exhibits of a new museum exposition.
(bh)
Show more